CARE tours are a great way to see the facility and learn all about the animals that have found a home here. The tours are educational in nature, and provide details on different animal species, as well as the background and stories of each animal here at the facility.
Important Tour Information:
- You must register below for a tour ahead of time. Capacity is limited, and we cannot guarantee we can accommodate unregistered guests. Please contact us to schedule tours for groups of 10 or more.
- Children 7+ years old are welcome!
- Tour donation is $30, which goes directly into the care of the animals and their home. However, if you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact us, and we will work with you.
- All tours are conducted by an experienced volunteer or staff member, we do not allow guests inside of the facility unattended. There is absolutely no visitor contact with any of our animals.
- Tours last approximately two hours. The facility is on 22 acres of natural landscape where you will be walking on uneven ground. We recommend wearing closed-toe, comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothes.
- This is a walking tour, please make sure you are can handle both walking/standing for two hours and the Texas summer heat.
- Umbrellas are not allowed inside the compound around the animals, if it is raining heavily, we will cancel the tour and reimburse your donation.
- Unfortunately, we cannot have wheelchairs or walkers around the animals, they get scared. We offer a facility vehicle that we can reserve for those that are unable to walk during private tours. Please contact us to reserve the vehicle.
- All visitors must be calm, quiet, and respectful. If at anytime CARE staff feels you are disruptive or dangerous to the animals or other visitors, you will be asked to leave.
- Pets are not allowed on the property and you cannot leave them in your car while you join a tour at any time of the year.
- Cameras, questions, and smiles are welcome!
We hope to provide information to the public that will discourage exotic animal exploitation and encourage advocacy for animals and their future. This is done with love and respect ALWAYS. Please remember while visiting, that you are in their home.