CARE offers an intensive internship program for individuals who are interested in learning more about working with exotic animals. There are 2-4 intern positions per term. CARE provides housing for all accepted applicants for the entire 4 months.
Interns will gain practical experience in exotic animal husbandry and will be involved with our educational and research programs. Experiences at CARE will include feeding, cleaning, animal health, animal management, behavioral studies, chemical immobilization, record keeping, assisting in construction and habitat modification, public speaking, fundraising and related activities. Interns will also be involved with the volunteer and tour programs.
- Interns must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a team–oriented environment.
- Must have or be working on a four year degree in a related field.
- All candidates must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and be able to to perform regular duties in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Weekends and holidays are required.
INTERN PROGRAM DATES:
Spring: First week of January thru Mid May
Summer: Mid May thru Mid August
Fall: Mid August thru Mid December
*Dates can be flexible upon request
To apply for this position, please fill out the application in the Apply Here link and submit your resume.
*International applications are welcome.
We asked a group of current and past interns to share a little about their unique experiences while at CARE. Many of them might be familiar faces, as several intern graduates are now regular volunteers here.